- 1 Diflucan (Fluconazole) for Candidiasis (Thrush): Properties, Instructions for use
- 2 Who is recommended to use Diflucan (Fluconazole)?
- 3 Scheme of the Treatment with Diflucan (Fluconazole)
- 4 Features of the Use Fluconazole
- 5 Side Effects of the Drug and Contraindications to It
- 6 How to Buy Diflucan and What is its Price?
- 7 Than is better to treat thrush?
- 8 Risk Factors
- 9 When should I start treatment?
- 10 How is candidiasis treated?
- 11 Oral medicines against candidiasis
- 12 Systemic drugs for thrush
- 13 Vaginal suppositories and tablets against candidiasis
- 14 Ointments and cream for treatment of thrush
- 15 The most effective remedies for fungus candida
- 16 Remedies used to treat thrush
Diflucan (Fluconazole) for Candidiasis (Thrush): Properties, Instructions for use
In the modern world, the presence of a disease such as thrush, affects about three-quarters of the fair sex, and this disease can be present in men and even children. To combat this disease, a huge number of different medications have been released.
Who is recommended to use Diflucan (Fluconazole)?
As is known, thrush occurs as a result of disorders in the microflora of the vagina, oral cavity and intestines. Due to violations, the fungi of the Candida family are rapidly multiplying (they are always in the human body, but in small amounts do not cause any discomfort).
To start using medications for thrush is necessary only in case of the following symptoms:
- white discharge in consistency similar to cottage cheese;
- In the area where the microflora is broken, a very strong itching appears;
- in women near the labia there is burning sensation;
- after urination, burning and itching are worse;
- during the sexual act pains are observed;
- in men, thrush manifests itself in the form of a white coating on the genitals.
If such symptoms are observed, then a drug such as Diflucan (Fluconazole) is recommended.
Diflucan (Fluconazole) for thrush uses more than 70% of patients.
Most often, Diflucan (Fluconazole) is used to fight thrush, but this drug is able to cope with several other diseases.
There are the following diseases, get rid of which will help Diflucan (Fluconazole):
Cryptococcosis is an infectious disease that causes fungi of the family Cryptococcosis Neoformans.
This drug is taken as a preventive measure by those people who have a decrease in immunity, including those with immunodeficiency syndrome.
It is worth noting that before buying Diflucan (Fluconazole) from thrush, you need to go to the doctor, women to the gynecologist, men to the venereologist and make sure that the problem is really caused by the presence of thrush.
There are such diseases symptoms, which are very similar to thrush, but for their treatment, Diflucan (Fluconazole) will not work.
Scheme of the Treatment with Diflucan (Fluconazole)
At the present time in 90% of cases when diagnosing a yeast infection in a woman, she immediately receives Diflucan tablets (Fluconazole). This is due to the fact that Fluconazole for thrush is the most effective remedy. Occasionally, along with this drug, vaginal suppositories or sprays are prescribed.
And also fluconazole for a yeast infection is most often prescribed to those women who first encounter this disease.
The scheme for treatment with this drug is as follows:
1. When a woman experiences thrush for the first time, she is recommended to take 150 mg once a day. To fully consolidate the result, occasionally prescribe repeated use of the drug after one to two weeks. In the situation where the thrush first appeared, but is in acute form, I recommend taking a drug of 150 mg every 3 days. Fluconazole is used for two weeks. After that, the use of the drug is reduced to one tablet per month for six months.
2. If thrush is observed in areas such as groin, body and skin, then it is recommended to take 150 mg of the drug per day, the treatment lasts for two to four weeks.
3. When thrush occurs as a result of the use of strong antibiotics, recommends a one-time use of Fluconazole at a dosage of 150 mg.
4. In the case of candidiasis on mucous membranes in children more than one year old, Fluconazole is administered daily. Dosage corresponds to this scheme – for every kilogram of a child 1-3 mg of medicinal product is needed, if the thrush is at an acute stage, then on the kilogram of the child is allocated from 3 to 12 mg of Fluconazole (which number is required to tell the attending physician).
5. When a person for various reasons can not use Fluconazole in tablets, then the solution of this drug is injected into the vein.
This is the main scheme by which the drug is administered.
It is worth noting that in each package with Fluconazole tablets there is an instruction with information about how much you need to take this medicine and how much. If you do not follow these instructions, then the treatment will not bring the desired effect.
Features of the Use Fluconazole
Despite the fact that during pregnancy thrush occurs in almost 90% of cases, taking Fluconazole for women during this period is contraindicated. And if your gynecologist prescribed this remedy, it is better to look for his analogues, which will not damage the condition of the fetus.
Men are prescribed Fluconazole tablets in those situations when there are obvious signs of thrush or when a constant partner struggles with this disease for a long time. Treatment must be done by the couple, otherwise it does not help. And the sexual act for one of the partners will bring only discomfort.
It should be noted that for men Fluconazole is rarely prescribed for treatment, more often preference is given to various creams.
When there is a long-term use of this drug, you need to strengthen your body with various vitamins.
Side Effects of the Drug and Contraindications to It
If during the treatment with fluconazole follow instructions, the likelihood of side effects is reduced to zero.
In other situations, these side effects may occur:
1. Nausea and vomiting, in order to get rid of them faster, you need to drink plenty of fluids, this will speed up the process of removing toxins from the body.
2. Abdominal pain. This symptom occurs after an overdose of the drug, the strength of pain depends on how many tablets were taken.
Long-term use of Fluconazole for treatment of thrush to people with diseased kidney and liver is prohibited.
If you have the first side effects you need to stop taking the drug, and it is advisable to seek advice from a gynecologist.
It is worth noting that to know whether fluconazole treatment helps only after carrying out the appropriate tests, and for this it is necessary to undergo a course of treatment with this drug.
When the recovery of the body is confirmed by appropriate analysis, you can stop the process of using this medication.
How to Buy Diflucan and What is its Price?
To date, most of this medicine is sold in capsules. The cost of Diflucan (Fluconazole), depending on the manufacturer and dosage, varies between $37 – $500. This is another plus for the drug, since even people with a low income can buy it.
But again it is worth recalling that acquiring a drug without confirmation of the diagnosis is not only dangerous but also unprofitable, it is better to go to an appointment with a gynecologist than to pay several times for a drug.
Than is better to treat thrush?
Vaginal candidiasis (thrush) is a disease that can occur in any woman under the influence of certain factors on her body. The causative agent is the fungus of the genus Candida. This microorganism is considered opportunistic and is found in the body of every human being, but in small quantities. When the immune system weakens, bacteria grow, which leads to the appearance of symptoms of vaginal candidiasis. What does and how to treat thrush? Can I take medication without consulting a doctor?
Before treating candidiasis, it is necessary to pass a number of tests, consult a doctor and only then start taking the medicine. Self-medication in this case is unacceptable, because it can cause serious complications.
Who is at risk? First of all, women. Among the main causes of the development of an infectious disease are the following:
1. Weakening of the body’s defenses. The decrease in immunity occurs against the background of malnutrition and frequent stressful situations. Such factors reduce the protective barrier, and the body becomes more prone to infection.
2. Antibacterial therapy. Reception of antibiotics leads to the fact that the body is a violation of microflora. As a result, the body’s ability to fight with pathogenic microorganisms is lost, which leads to an increase in their number.
3. Metabolic disorders and diabetes mellitus. With dysfunction from the metabolic processes, an imbalance occurs. There is a rapid growth of the fungus of the genus Candida, which is accompanied by the appearance of symptoms of thrush.
4. Pregnancy. After conception, a hormonal leap occurs in the woman’s body, which in 80% of cases leads to the development of vaginal candidiasis. If thrush is not cured before delivery, then there are big risks that the disease will be transmitted to the child while passing through the birth canal.
When should I start treatment?
Medications for treatment of thrush are necessary when symptoms such as burning sensation in the vagina, itching in the area of the external genitalia, which increases with urination. The main feature of vaginal candidiasis is discharge, having a curdled consistency and a rather unpleasant acidic smell reminiscent of spoiled dairy products.
How is candidiasis treated?
In order to quickly cure thrush, it is necessary to strictly follow the recommendations of a doctor only an experienced specialist can develop for each patient individually effective therapy.
Mandatory activities in the fight against thrush:
1. At the initial stages it is necessary to identify the pathogen of thrush and its susceptibility to antifungal medicines.
2. Mandatory steps are taken to restore the pH of the vagina.
3. Measures are being taken to restore the body’s defenses.
4. Measures are being taken to correct the hormonal imbalance.
5. Be sure to eliminate factors that are provocative thrush: smoking, alcohol, antibacterial treatment, sexual infections.
The most effective remedy for yeast infection are medications with a systemic antifungal effect. As auxiliary dosage forms, local preparations (suppositories, vaginal creams and tablets) that affect the problem locally can be isolated. The active substances that make up their composition are not absorbed into the blood, so they do not harm internal organs. Such a dosage form can also be used for monotherapy, but only at the initial stages of development of vaginal candidiasis.
Oral medicines against candidiasis
Medicines for thrush, intended for oral administration, are available in the form of tablets and capsules. Such drugs treat not only the vaginal form of candidiasis. They can be used to eliminate thrush in the oral cavity and on the skin in women, men and children. The important thing is the correct dosage. It is better to treat vaginal candidiasis under the supervision of a specialist, otherwise there are greater risks of developing side effects from taking medications, which is fraught with the appearance of complications.
Advantages of systemic drugs against thrush:
1 – Rapid achievement of the result.
2 – Destruction of pathogenic fungi in the whole body.
3 – Immediate impact on the mycelium of microorganisms, which stops their growth and reproduction processes.
For complete recovery in some cases it is enough to take just one tablet. The best remedy for thrush is the one prescribed by the doctor. On average, drug therapy lasts from 5 to 7 days.
Systemic drugs for thrush
Each antifungal agent includes in its composition a certain active substance, the effect of which gives the result:
1. Fluconazole (preparations – Flucostat, Fluconazole, Diflucan and Mikomax). The effect of this active substance is based on the effect on opportunistic microorganisms in such a way that their development slows down and the reproduction processes stop. These drugs are taken once in a dose of 150 mg. They will act immediately, so the effect of treatment is visible almost immediately. Preparations containing fluconazole are not recommended for pregnant women. The exception is when the benefits for the mother exceed the risks for the child.
2. Ketoconazole (preparations – “Ketoconazole”, “Nizoral”). According to many experts – this is the most effective remedy for thrush. They have a unique composition. Active components complex effect on the body, eliminating the causes of thrush and the symptoms of the disease. The course of treatment is 3-5 days, in dosage of 2 tablets a day. These drugs can be taken during pregnancy, but only according to the doctor’s testimony.
3. Natamycin (the drug is “Pimafucin”). A remedy with which you can cure candidiasis very quickly. It is enough to take one pill inside and forget about the infectious disease. It is important to comply with the prescription of the doctor and exclude the effect of predisposing factors on the body. Due to the low dosage, side effects are almost completely eliminated.
4. Miconazole (preparations – “Miconazole”, “Micatin”, “Funginazol”). A good product with a pronounced antifungal effect. The systemic drug quickly penetrates into the bloodstream and is distributed throughout the body, eliminating foci of candidiasis. Miconazole helps to effectively cure thrush in just 3 days. Dosage is calculated individually, depending on the stage of progression of the disease and the general condition of the patient’s body.
It is recommended to take systemic remedies for candidiasis with extreme caution. When there are side reactions to medication, you can simply stop taking the medication. Additional correction is not required. In this case, you should seek help from a doctor who will prescribe a drug containing another active substance.
Vaginal suppositories and tablets against candidiasis
To treat thrush in women, candles and vaginal tablets can be used. This dosage form destroys the fungus candida locally and has the following advantages:
1. Rapid elimination of symptoms after the onset of use.
2. The complex composition of suppositories allows not only to eliminate pathogenic microorganisms, but also to restore the natural microflora of the vagina.
3. Candles can be used as a preventive measure to prevent the development of thrush.
4. They are easy to use and have minimal risks of development of adverse reactions.
Despite all the advantages, local therapy has a number of drawbacks: the action begins only when using candles and low efficiency. In this case, the active substances in the body do not accumulate, so the symptoms of the disease can periodically return during treatment.
Despite the fact that candida fungus is afraid of the active ingredients that are part of the suppository, it can not be completely destroyed by this dosage form. Candles, as a rule, are used in conjunction with drugs of systemic action.
Suppositories are not used during menstruation. This is the reason for the interruption in treatment, and, consequently, the decrease in the effectiveness of the drug therapy.
Ointments and cream for treatment of thrush
The fastest drug against vaginal candidiasis is an ointment or cream with an antifungal effect. When this form of the drug is applied to the problem area, the symptomatology of the yeast infection passes immediately. But whether completely eliminates such a preparation pathogenic microflora. Of course, no!
Cream and ointment for vaginal candidiasis is recommended to be used in complex therapy solely to eliminate the symptoms of the disease. They have only a local fungicidal effect, destroying pathogenic microorganisms only in the application area. That is why creams and ointments can not completely cure thrush.
Ointments and creams against candidiasis have a number of advantages:
1 – It can be used in the field of external genitalia to treat women and men.
2 – It quickly remove redness and swelling, reducing pain.
3 – Easy to use and almost no development of adverse reactions.
Among the shortcomings can be identified inability to use for treatment of a deep form of the disease. The most effective local preparations in the form of ointment – “Pimafucin”, “Nystatin” and “Ketoconazole”.
The composition of preparations for topical application includes only one active substance, therefore such drugs have low efficiency. With their help, you can only remove local symptoms, so they are appointed in conjunction with other means to combat thrush.
Do not be afraid much, if the first signs of vaginal candidiasis appeared, the main thing is not to delay with treatment. Note that not completely cured candidiasis may return again. That is why it is necessary to follow all the doctor’s recommendations to exclude the possibility of relapse. Before treating the vaginal form of candidiasis, consult an experienced doctor. Only a specialist can prescribe competent therapy. Self-medication is unacceptable.
The most effective remedies for fungus candida
One of the most common gynecological diseases is candidiasis caused by a fungus such as Candida. This disease is accompanied by very unpleasant symptoms, including severe itching and the presence of white precipitates. Timely drug treatment helps to get rid of unpleasant signs of thrush and its negative consequences. Drugs from candidiasis are presented to date in a wide range.
It is very important not to make the wrong choice and choose the most suitable medicine. It is not recommended to independently choose a therapy. For quick and effective treatment of candidiasis, you need to visit a gynecologist who, given the symptoms and individual characteristics of the body, will be able to prescribe the best course of therapy.
Medicines for candidiasis for women are represented by a number of effective and inexpensive drugs. Medical preparations can be applied internally and externally. To treat fungal infection, funds are prescribed in the form of tablets, ointments and vaginal suppositories. The main goal of the therapy is to stabilize the concentration of the yeast and prevent the recurrence of the disease.
Remedies used to treat thrush
One of the most common drugs with exceptionally positive reviews is Diflucan. Pharmacological form – capsules containing Flukonazole, which helps to suppress and destroy the fungus. Treatment is quite simple. You only need to drink one capsule containing one hundred and fifty milligrams of strong substance. Contraindications to use: lactation period, pregnancy, liver or kidney disease.
It is also very effective a drug such as Pimafucin. This drug is available in the form of creams, special vaginal suppositories, capsules. Characteristic features of the drug: hypoallergenic, well tolerated, non-toxic. The active substance is natmicin, an antibiotic of a wide range of effects.
Clotrimazole has an excellent antifungal effect. Form release: powders, solutions, ointments and creams for external use, as well as tablets. It is forbidden to use during the first trimester of pregnancy.
One of the safest medicines for thrush is Livarol. The active substance is ketoconazole. It is released in the form of vaginal suppositories, which must be used to treat candidiasis for five days. To treat the chronic stage, Livarol is used for ten days. You can use during pregnancy (the exception is the first trimester).
One of the best medical antiseptics is the hexicon containing chlorhexidine bicarbonate. Excellent for treating pregnant women. It is available in the form of a gel, a solution for external use, as well as suppositories. “Gexikon D” can be used in the treatment of children.
Do not forget the fact that absolutely all medications for thrush have contraindications, side effects. Therefore, you do not need to engage in self-medication, trust a good and experienced doctor who can appoint a full and proper treatment.