- 1 What does Diflucan help? What does it treat?
- 2 Diflucan price. Where to buy diflucan pills?
- 3 Instructions for use of Diflucan, dosage
- 4 Diflucan for child
- 5 Diflucan for newborns
- 6 Diflucan during pregnancy
- 7 Contraindications for the use of Diflucan
- 8 Overdose of Diflucan
- 9 Special instructions for the use of Diflucan
- 10 Diflucan Analogs
Currently, the drug Diflucan is one of the most effective antifungal agents. It is most often prescribed for the treatment of thrush. Moreover, a single use of the drug Diflucan allows you to eliminate the symptoms of the disease. However, in any case, this drug should be prescribed by a doctor taking into account the clinical picture of the pathology.
Diflucan tablets are included in the group of triazole antifungal drugs of the new class. They are considered a powerful method of combating fungal microorganisms of different nature. The active substance of the drug is fluconazole, which has antibiotic properties. Due to the suppression of the vital processes of fungi, the drug leads to their death.
It is important to note that the drug Diflucan does not affect the balance of hormones. The effectiveness of this drug has been tested on different models of fungal pathologies. This drug is considered the most effective in opportunistic mycoses. These include diseases triggered by Candida spp.
What does Diflucan help? What does it treat?
Instructions for use of Diflucan contains the following indications for the use of a medicinal substance:
- Cryptococcosis. This category includes cryptococcal meningitis, as well as infections of other localization – for example, lungs or skin.
- Generalized form of candidiasis. This group includes disseminated candidiasis, candidemia, and other types of invasive infections.
- Candidiasis of the mucous membranes. This category includes mucous membranes of the pharynx, esophagus, mouth.
- Genital and vaginal candidiasis. Diflucan for thrush in women is also used to prevent this disease in the case of more than 3 exacerbations per year.
- Mycoses of the skin. The drug is used for fungal infections of the feet, groin area, body. The indications include pityriasis versicolor, skin infections and onychomycosis.
- Deep endemic mycoses.
Diflucan price. Where to buy diflucan pills?
How much does Diflucan cost in reputable online pharmacies and online stores?
Below are the average prices of Diflucan at online pharmacies in the United States, Canada, and Europe. These prices may vary depending on the specific pharmacy.
- 50 mg x 10 pills: $20.99
- 50 mg x 180 pills: $213.99
- 100 mg x 10 pills: $31.99
- 100 mg x 180 pills: $382.99
- 150 mg x 10 pills: $29.99
- 150 mg x 180 pills: $334.99
- 200 mg x 10 pills: $44.99
- 200 mg x 180 pills: $488.99
Where to buy Diflucan?
You can visit a proven online pharmacy from our partner for detailed information about Diflucan and its purchase:
How to buy Diflucan online?
In fact, it is very easy to buy Diflucan through an online pharmacy. To do this, you just need to use the search form on the pharmacy website:
- You must enter the name of the drug, or part of the name, if the name consists of several words in the search bar.
- Click the “Find” button.
- From the list provided, you need to select the desired form and dosage of the drug.
- Click the “Add to cart” button.
- If you need several packages of the drug Diflucan, then click on the button in the basket as many times as you need to buy the medicine packages.
- If necessary, you can change the order directly in the basket: change the number of product names, add new items, delete unnecessary ones.
- In order to get acquainted with the instructions to the drug Diflucan, you need to click on its name in the list of search results. On the page with the drug you will see a table with its cost and a full description.
After placing the order, a letter is sent to the e-mail address that you provided during registration, indicating the full composition and cost of the order. In addition, the online pharmacy manager should call you to confirm your order.
Instructions for use of Diflucan, dosage
Diflucan 150 mg capsules need to be swallowed whole. The daily amount of the drug is determined depending on the type of fungal infection and age group. Usually, therapy is prescribed before obtaining the results of laboratory tests. However, the specific scheme is already selected according to the results of research.
Diflucan for thrush is used 1 time in a volume of 150 mg. If a woman suffers from frequent recurrences of the pathology, then the medicine is used in the same dosage once a month for prevention. The duration of the use of Diflucan ranges from 4 months to 1 year – it depends on the characteristics of the organism. In some cases, doctors prescribe candles Diflucan.
If balanitis is observed, which is provoked by Candida fungal microorganisms, Diflucan is also prescribed once in a volume of 150 mg. For other candidal infections, the pattern is slightly different. So, on the first day it is recommended to use 400 mg of the drug, then the volume is reduced to 200 mg once a day. If the desired effect cannot be achieved, the dosage is again increased to 400 mg.
Features of the application of diflucan directly depend on the type of pathology:
- Cryptococcal infections – 400 mg should be taken on the first day, then 200-400 mg are required.
- Infectious skin lesions – it is recommended to take 150 mg of Diflucan once a week or every day for 50 mg. Therapy lasts 2-4 weeks.
- Pityriasis versicolor – different treatment regimens are used. Sometimes medication is prescribed once a week in an amount of 300 mg. This treatment lasts 14 days. In accordance with the second scheme, the drug is used once a day in a volume of 50 mg. In this situation, therapy lasts 2-4 weeks.
- Onychomycosis – weekly use of 150 mg Diflucan is prescribed until a healthy nail is completely visible. On the hands of a person, the nail usually grows 3-6 months, on the legs – up to a year.
- Oropharyngeal candidiasis – a daily administration of the drug is prescribed for 1-2 weeks. Dosage – 50-100 mg per day. The atrophic form of oral candidiasis requires the use of Diflucan for 2 weeks. In this case, the dosage of the drug is 50 mg per day.
- For other types of mucosal candidal lesions, the drug is used in a volume of 50-100 mg per day. Treatment should last 14-30 days.
Diflucan for child
The dose should be prescribed by a doctor depending on the nature of the disease. The daily dose for child should not exceed 400 mg of the active substance. Usually the medication is taken once a day.
Diflucan for newborns
In newborns, the active ingredient of the drug is slowly eliminated. The dose should be chosen by the doctor. However, usually in the first 2 weeks of birth, the drug is applied every 72 hours. At 3-4 weeks of life, the interval between taking the drug should be 48 hours.
Diflucan during pregnancy
During pregnancy and breastfeeding, Diflucan is prescribed only in the case of vital indications, since there is no information that this drug is safe and does not have a terratagenous effect on the fetus.
Contraindications for the use of Diflucan
This drug has many contraindications. These include the following:
- liver disease;
- high sensitivity to the ingredients of the drug;
- allergic reactions to fluconazole;
- the use of drugs that affect the heart rhythm – these include astemizole, cisapride;
- complex pathologies of the cardiovascular system, accompanied by rhythm disturbances;
- electrolyte imbalance.
In some cases, Diflucan provokes undesirable side effects. They manifest as nausea, dizziness, pain in the stomach, headaches, flatulence, diarrhea. Some people suffer from edema, convulsions, leukopenia, exanthema, or a taste disorder. If unwanted side effects appear, the drug should be replaced.
Cheap Diflucan analogues are Fluconazole, Mikoflucan.
Overdose of Diflucan
Overdose of this drug leads to increased side effects. If you seriously exceed the recommended amount, a person has the risk of delusions and hallucinations. In such a situation, hospitalization is necessary. As a first aid, it is recommended to drink activated carbon.
In the hospital, the affected person is performed a gastric lavage. Since the removal of the active ingredient is carried out mainly through the kidneys, hemodialysis is sometimes used to eliminate the symptoms of overdose.
Special instructions for the use of Diflucan
Treatment with Diflucan continues until clinical and hematologic remission appears. Premature termination of therapy provokes the occurrence of relapses.
In order for the treatment with Diflucan to bring the desired results, you should follow these rules:
- The drug is allowed to use in the absence of laboratory results. After receiving them, the physician must make a correction of fungicidal therapy.
- During treatment, the kidneys and liver must be kept under control, and blood parameters must be monitored. If there are any violations, it is recommended to stop the use of Diflucan.
- Hepatotoxic effect of the drug is reversible. Symptoms of liver damage usually disappear after stopping treatment.
- If patients with immunosuppression have skin rash, they should be carefully examined. With the progression of the reactions, treatment is stopped because there is a risk of developing Lyell’s syndrome or Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
- During therapy, the prothrombin index should be monitored when the drug is combined with coumarin anticoagulants.
Diflucan is considered to be quite effective in coping with most fungal infections. To get the desired result, it is very important to strictly adhere to the recommendations of the doctor and take into account all contraindications to the use of the medicine.
Cheap analogues of Diflucan are medicines: Difluzole, Medoflucon, Fluconazole, Fluzamed, Fluconaz, Flucoric. The price of these analogues is two or more times less.
Analogues of Diflucan and Flucostat, which help from thrush, are drugs: Econazole, Fluconazole and others.