In most cases, the fungus is part of the normal microflora and does not cause harm, but things change when there is a weakening of the immune system. Then the yeast infection makes itself felt not the most pleasant manifestations. What is this ailment, what are its symptoms, what is the causative agent and how to treat, we will analyze further.
How does the Yeast Infection manifest?
The most common fungal infection, also called yeast, is candidiasis. A little familiar with this term, but many have experienced the symptoms of this disease, which can vary depending on the localization of the lesion. Among the main ones we can distinguish:
1. Curd extracts of white color with a characteristic acidic odor. In women yeast-like fungi affect the vagina in the main. In this case, the infection manifests itself white precipitates of curdled consistency, accompanied by itching in the vagina and nearby areas. Sometimes pain can occur after sexual intercourse and burning during urination.
2. A red rash, accompanied by itching and pain. Candidiasis of the skin is mainly found in infants, as the reproduction of fungi in this case occurs in areas of skin with constant moisture, for example, under the diaper area or skin folds. However, it can also be observed in adults, especially the diseases of the area under the armpits and in the groin.
3. Ulcerous lesions, elevated body temperature. In the event that the candidias are infected with the esophagus, painful ulcers appear. Candidial esophagitis is observed in people with extremely weakened immunity. May lead to dehydration due to inability to swallow food and liquid.
4. Fever. If candida have got into the blood, febrile conditions are observed.
5. Mental disorders. If fungi attack the brain, serious mental disorders develop, possibly violent behavior in the patient.
It should be noted that the yeast infection is not dangerous and life-threatening patient, but can be transmitted to other people (partners) and cause complications, for example, complications of pregnancy and urinary tract infection.
Pathogens of the Yeast Infection
The causative agents of fungal yeast infection are Candida fungi. With a decrease in immunity or in the presence of provoking factors, they begin to multiply actively. This causes painful lesions of various parts of the body.
A yeast infection can strike:
- skin of the face;
- nail plates;
- mucous membranes;
- external genitalia.
With a fungal infection, the skin changes its natural color, turns red or, conversely, becomes very light. When lesions of mucous are observed curdled white discharge with a distinct sour smell.
Yeast fungi are very comfortable in the body of people with high blood sugar.
Yeast Infection in Women
To infection of a yeast fungi women are more inclined. The probability of infection is influenced by the following characteristic factors:
- reception of oral contraceptives;
- constant wearing of synthetic clothes;
- oral sex;
- chronic stress;
- treatment with steroid hormones or antibiotics;
- constant use of spirals, spermicides.
Vaginal yeast infection in 90% of cases occurs due to changes in the normal acidity of the vagina, which creates a favorable atmosphere for the reproduction of fungi.
It is extremely important for women to conduct timely therapy of yeast infection, since candidiasis can cause the following complications:
- stenosis of the vagina;
- miscarriage of pregnancy;
- premature delivery;
- the birth of children with underweight.
Yeast Infection in Men
Although in men candidiasis is observed less often than in women, infection occurs quite often. Causes of candida in the male body can be:
- HIV or general weakening of immunity;
- violation of natural microflora;
- elevated blood sugar;
- non-observance of personal hygiene.
A man can get a fungal yeast infection from a sexual partner, so do not neglect the means of protection during intercourse.
Symptoms of yeast infection in men do not always manifest immediately, because the disease for a long time is completely asymptomatic, which makes it quite dangerous. If untimely therapy, the area of the lesion increases, the pain sensations increase.
Rules of Treatment
Therapy of candidiasis is aimed at eliminating the root cause of the infection, rather than removing symptoms. It is carried out only after examination and strictly with observance of all the doctor’s instructions. Do not self-medicate!
Treatment In Women
Treatment requires an integrated approach. To begin with, you must take the following actions:
- to refuse from linen from synthetic materials;
- give up alcohol and smoking;
- to reduce the use of refined and carbohydrate food;
- in the diet to introduce more vitamins and minerals.
As medications, doctors prescribe:
1. Nystatin is an antifungal drug. With candidiasis of the skin, mucous membranes and internal organs, ointments and pills are used, and in the treatment of vaginal infection – vaginal suppositories.
2. Lamisil is an antifungal agent. The active substance is terbinafine. It acts specifically on pathogenic fungi. It is used in the form of an ointment (cream).
3. Diflucan (Fluconazole) is an antifungal drug. Has a high degree of effect on the cells of fungi. Can be applied in the form of capsules, solution or syrup.
To buy Diflucan pills, click the image below:
Sometimes it is not so easy to get rid of vaginal candidiasis, since there are relapses. To avoid such situations, Fluconazole continues to take another 6 months.
As a local treatment, appoint vaginal creams, tablets and suppositories:
In the therapy of yeast infection in women, the herbal preparations are not bad:
Chamomile, elecampane, burdock and St. John’s wort.
For 1 tbsp. l. Raw materials are covered in a container and poured with boiling water. After half an hour, filter and take inside 3 times a day for 1/2 cup.
Decoction of the roots of elecampane and burdock is used for syringing. A useful liquid can be wiped and the external genitalia.
Treatment in Men
Treatment of yeast-like fungi in men also occurs with the use of antifungal drugs of internal and external properties. The most common are:
- Daktarin – an antifungal drug for topical and topical application;
- Nizoral – an antifungal agent with an active substance ketoconazole, which is available as a cream and shampoo;
- Itraconazole – a broad-spectrum antifungal agent with the main active ingredient fluconazole, which is available in the form of tablets and a solution.
The time of treatment, the drug and the dosage is determined exclusively by the doctor in charge!
Improve the effect of treatment of medical drugs by using a folk remedy – sage tincture nettle and 1 tsp.. wormwood dry and 2 tsp. nettle pour 500 ml of water and boil for several minutes. Moistened natural tissue in tincture is used as a compress for the affected areas.
So yeast infection is an extremely unpleasant disease, which is not always easy to get rid of. If you follow the rules of personal hygiene and take preventive medical examinations, you can avoid the development of yeast infection, as well as its complications. If any signs of infection appear, consult a doctor immediately.